Thursday, November 18, 2010

News... Endings & New Beginnings!

I know that I've been absent on my blog for quite a while now.  It has all been for very good reason if that is any consolation.  There's been a lot of things happening in my life with some things coming to an end while other things are just beginning.  It is a good transitional time for myself and my family.

First of all, I will be closing my ArtFire shop some time soon after Thanksgiving.  I've already closed both of my Etsy shops.  I've had a great run selling online with almost 1,000 items sold over the past few years.  I've enjoyed every minute of creating handmade products, selling online and at craft shows, and communicating with customers.  I feel very blessed for such good success, but I know that it is time to move on to other things.

Now on to some of those other things...
Some of you may remember a while back when I posted about a wonderful crafty job at Reader's Digest Association.  I had been contacted by the talent manager there asking if I would advertise the position on my Midwest Fiber Crafts blog, and I went ahead and posted it on that blog as well as this one.  I also checked out the position description and decided to apply myself.  Although I wasn't actively looking for a job, I didn't want to miss such a once in a lifetime opportunity.   Well, to make a long story much shorter, I got the job!  I am the new Associate Editor of Crafts for Reader's Digest Association's branch in Greendale, Wisconsin.  I will mainly be working on Country Woman magazine along with some Taste of Home books and other special interest publications. 

My husband and I are now working hard to pack up our possessions for our upcoming move to Wisconsin.  We've found a wonderful little townhouse to rent and will be relocating in the next few weeks so that I can start my new job.  It is a little chaotic in the short-term, but I know that it will all be worth it in the long-term.  My husband is just as excited as I am about moving.  We both like the area and the nature and weather up there.  He's going to be stay-at-home-daddy for a little while as he searches for a job.  I think that he's excited about spending that time with our daughter.

Well, there you have it.  Closing shop, relocating to Wisconsin, and starting a brand new job.  It is certainly a transitional time for us in the Frisby household, but we are thrilled about it all.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers during our busy time.  I very much appreciate everyone who takes the time to follow my blog.  I have gotten to know quite a few of you over the years and consider you friends :)

Here's a photo of  myself and my daughter from a trip to Missouri Town a while back... just thought that you might like to see the redheaded duo...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...